Thursday, July 31, 2008

Our Big Wall Chalkboard

As I was blog hopping the other day, I came across a post that reminded me of my dad at Your Fun Family titled Fun Paints For Kids Rooms.

One of the things my dad did for us kids that really impressed my best friend who lived next door was putting up a BIG chalkboard for us. At the time, we lived in a double house and used it all for just our family. My dad bought some chalkboard paint and put it on the one wall of the upstairs dining room! He made it about the same size as blackboards were at school and then added a wooded chalktray. We got a lot of use out of that and when we moved, he made another one for us in the rec room he made in the basement.

Having one in the rec room was especially handy for keeping score and letting our guests draw on it at parties. Such an easy thing and yet we used it a lot!

When I got married and bought my own house, I asked my dad to put a big chalkboard in our basement too. I was just thought it was such a handy thing to have and would have missed it. I used it a lot to keep track of my eBay sales.

Harry did all this work by himself! What a dad!

1 comment:

Rene Perez said...

Yes! Those are cool and I keep wanting to add that. We have dry erase board in our laundry room and we always have something written on it. Right now, it's all of our heights. We got bored. LOL

"My Funny Dad, Harry" Book Giveaway

Congratulations to all the winners of the giveaway for "My Funny Dad, Harry" at Red Pine Mountain. I am so happy that four of my regular commenters won! Read what Tim thought of it at Everyday Living.