Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Bookworm Meme--I've Been Tagged!

I've been tagged with the Bookworm meme by Page over at The Road I'm Traveling. Here's how this meme works:

1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 56.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the next two to five sentences.
5. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the cool book or the intellectual one. Pick the Closest.
6. Tag five people to do the same

My Funny Dad, Harry is the closest book to me. I have a small pile of copies on the end table near my computer which I have on hand for direct sales or for marketing purposes. It only seems appropriate for this blog to do this book. Although my dad had a lot of books, most of them I have sold or given away and they were mostly books about.

Here is the excerpt from page 56 of the book I wrote about my dad:

"He (Sweet Thing) would lick himself so much, that his fur seemed to wear off. Finally, after much persistence, I persuaded dad to take them to the vet. Neither had ever gone before. The vet I used for my cats was very good but it would have been almost an hour drive from dad's house so we looked for some place closer. I made the appointments and left work early to go with dad to the vet for the first time."

This section is about Sylvester's and Sweet Thing's first trip to the vet. Harry and the vet did not click at all!

I am tagging the following:
Tina at Creative Nerd
Signe Says
Small Town Mommie
Frogs in My Formula
Life With Kim
Polly at Random Ramblings

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for thinking of me. I like this one. I am a big reader and always have at least 2 books going at a time. Also, this one doesn't require me to try to entertain while boring people with information about me. Thanks again!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Thanks :)
It'll be up first thing tomorrow!

Mortgage and More Blog said...

Karen, this is an awesome MeMe concept. I loved it so much that I have actually taken it and started on in the network that I am a member of. You can read the post here.

http://activerain.com/blogsview/795624/Bookworm-MeMe-A-Different-Twist

Anonymous said...

Thank you for including me with this meme - I have so many books so I think that I will have to close my eyes and pick ... or I may be tempted to choose a favourite. :)

Angie A. said...

I can just hear my Mia kitty yowling on the way to the vet. Not a pretty sight or sound.

Thanks for sharing this memory.

Page

BeadedTail said...

What a fun meme! Such an interesting sentence too because first time trips to the vet can be quite an experience for all involved.

Karen and Gerard said...

Glad you all liked this meme, I thought it was a good one--easy too.

Page & Beaded Tail: There is quite a bit about Harry and his cats in my book because they were such a big part of his life so I think he'd be pleased that I included the stories about them as well.

HEALTH NUT WANNABEE MOM said...

Your dad sounds like my Papa when it comes to stray cats! He had every cat in the neighborhood eating on his porch. Love your blog and need to check out your book sometime.

Karen and Gerard said...

Health Nut: I'd love for you to check out my book! I bet there are other similarities between our fathers as well. Thanks for commenting.

Anonymous said...

hi karen! thanks for visiting and sharing your thoughts.

have a nice day.

Teresa jane said...

Thanks for the comment on my pet blog about the "Free Kibble" sites. And thank you, because I actually found them from your site. I think it is always great to support the care of hungry homeless animals. I would take them all if I could. It looks like your dad was very passionate about that also. I can see that he was a good man. Cats are wonderful companions.

Thess said...

Your dad sounds like my dad and i love mine very much.

He's only 69 now but he wants to live until 120.

I think it's so sweet and loving of you to blog about him.

God bless

Ailurophile said...

Seems like a very interesting excerpt. Wonder why the kitteh used to groom himself that much..Hope you have a great day :)

Anonymous said...

Hi there! Come pickup your butterfly award for your cool blog!

The Silver Age Sara said...

Thanks for sharing. It was wonderful that the book about your Dad was the closest thing to you.
Everyone needs to buy a copy and give it to their Dad's for Christmas. It's a fantastic book.

Karen and Gerard said...

Husain, Thanks!

Rebecca, Thanks for the butterfly award! I'll get to passing it on sometime next week. These award are nice, but very time consuming trying to find 10 other good blogs who don't already have it.

Mountain Woman, You Rock! Thanks for your wonderful comment about my book. I do hope more people will buy it and enjoy it.

Anonymous said...

hi karen! i have another tag for you,
http://wondermom.info/?p=109, i hope you don't mind.

have a great week ahead.

Anonymous said...

It's finally up! Thanks for the tag Karen!

"My Funny Dad, Harry" Book Giveaway

Congratulations to all the winners of the giveaway for "My Funny Dad, Harry" at Red Pine Mountain. I am so happy that four of my regular commenters won! Read what Tim thought of it at Everyday Living.