Tuesday, July 29, 2008

No More Reaching To the Back of a Cupboard Shelf

Harry was always looking for ways to make things easier. When my mom wanted something out of her lower kitchen cupboards, it seemed as though it was always way in the back and she had to unload all the stuff that was in front first to get at what she needed. When Harry saw my mom struggling to get big bowls that were way in the back of a kitchen cupboard, he began thinking of a solution.

Harry remodeled our kitchen, putting in rolling shelves in the cupboards under the counter,(sort of like drawers but the sides didn't come up all the way so we could still see what was in there). To get things from way in the back became easy. The shelf just rolled out and we could easily reach the things in the back without having to move everything first!

I really think this is a wonderful idea and those who do remodeling or home construction should give it some serious consideration. (Sorry, I don't think I have any pictures of these.)

4 comments:

Rene Perez said...

I have that in my kitchen and let me tell you, it does help! I wish I had more of them. I also have two corner cabinets with the lazy susan type shelves..my pots and pans just turn around on it until I find what I want.

Anna said...

A friend remodeled her kitchen and put those cupboards in...I'm very jealous! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, your dad was truly amazing to had thought of something like that just through observation. I believe that this was not the only innovative idea he had in making daily lives easier for others. Truly a remarkable man.

Karen and Gerard said...

My dad was an amazing man for sure. I miss him very much.

"My Funny Dad, Harry" Book Giveaway

Congratulations to all the winners of the giveaway for "My Funny Dad, Harry" at Red Pine Mountain. I am so happy that four of my regular commenters won! Read what Tim thought of it at Everyday Living.