Monday, April 13, 2009

Harry's Top 6 Favorite Foods & 6 Least Favorite Foods

My dad was not a big eater. In fact, he was always very thin and must have had good metabolism. I'm glad I take after him about this but hope I do not get diabetes like he did.

His Top Six Favorite Foods:


  1. Ice Cream (Sometimes he'd even have it for breakfast--is it any wonder he got diabetes?)

  2. Graham crackers with peanut butter. (He'd always have a good supply of these--4-5 boxes!)

  3. White or Rye bread broken up in pieces in a bowl of milk--yummy! NOT!!

  4. Potatoes (He made baked potatoes in the microwave for himself after my mom died.)

  5. Applesauce

  6. Cereal

Top Six Foods He Never Ate Were:


  1. Sauerkraut

  2. Ketchup, mustard, pickles, mayonnaise

  3. Tomatoes

  4. Pizza

  5. Vegetables (except corn)

  6. Spaghetti


What are your favorites? Any the same as these?

11 comments:

CastoCreations said...

He didn't like PIZZA!?!?! Wow.

Probably my favorite food is bread ... or macaroni and cheese. It's a close tie. :)

There are too many things that I don't like to list. lol I'm very picky.

Staci said...

I'm with your dad on the sauerkraut, I could never get past the smell! My Mom also likes ice cream and anything sweet.

Blogger Rise said...

I also like baked potatoes

Karen, author of "My Funny Dad, Harry" said...

CastoCreations--Nope, no pizza for dad. Anything with tomato sauce he wouldn't eat. Oh, and he didn't like cheese either!

Sherri--I could never stand the smell of Sauerkraut either. Only my mom ate it in our family.

Blogger Rise--I like baked potatoes too, but only with corn on them. I usually get the mashed potatoes and corn on top when I go to Hometown Buffet.

tahtimbo said...

I remember my grandfather would always pour milk in a silver bowl and then add bread and eat it. He also love sardines:)

jana said...

Ummm... I like everything on BOTH lists... except maybe the bread in milk thing.

Guess I'm not what you'd call a "picky" eater.

Kim said...

I am also a very picky eater. But, I do love pizza. Good thing too. I work in a pizza restaurant.

Sandee said...

Well if he didn't like ketchup then I can see why he didn't like pizza. Just saying.

Have a terrific day. :)

Anne (A Better Woman) said...

My dad isn't a picky eater at all! He'd eat whatever I put on the table. I miss sharing a meal with my dad. If only he doesn't live on another part of the world now!

Susan Cook said...

Flip the list for me. I like the ones he didn't - except sauerkraut, I never actually tried that though.

Rick (Ratty) said...

I understand the love of ice cream. It's a hard thing to have to give it up. Too bad they didn't have the low-carb diabetic friendly kind for your dad, like they sell now.

"My Funny Dad, Harry" Book Giveaway

Congratulations to all the winners of the giveaway for "My Funny Dad, Harry" at Red Pine Mountain. I am so happy that four of my regular commenters won! Read what Tim thought of it at Everyday Living.