Thursday, May 20, 2010

Photo Tag Challenge--Number 8 It Is

I've been tagged by Home to the World to do this photo tag challenge. Here are the rules:

1) Go to your photo files, select the 8th photo folder.
2) Select the 8th photo in that folder.
3) Post that photo along with the story behind it.
4) Then challenge 8 blogging friends to do the same!
Easy peasy!
Okay, this is a picture of me from 1964 in our backyard.  While others were in the pool, I acted as lifeguard.  I rolled up a newspaper for my horn to announce rest times--yes I did.  You see, I didn't like the water, or going barefoot.  Look close and you will see I am wearing socks with my swimsuit!  My dad got us a 3-ft. pool and we had a lot of fun with it.  Although I didn't like to swim or even go in it, I did enjoy playing with boats and army men in the water from outside the pool.  Go ahead, laugh.

Now, doesn't this sound like fun?  Feel free to copy the rules and participate in this photo challenge if you wish.  Of course, a link back here would be appreciated.  Oh, and if you laughed at me when you read this or looked at my picture, consider yourself tagged and do this challenge!

To find out more about my book and why I wrote it, read the Foreword here. Tweet This
Tweet Me from My Funny Dad, Harry

4 comments:

Ma What's 4 dinner said...

Even though it's totally random, it's a great picture. I'm going to go look for one now, but I guarantee it'll be with someone's eyes closed or out of focus since I'm too lazy to ever delete anything!

Lots of yummy love,
Alex aka Ma, What's For Dinner
www.mawhats4dinner.com

Melissa B. said...

I've always liked these photo-folder memes. Superior Snap!

Holyoke Home said...

Great picture and story!

By the way? A belated but no less sincere and heartfelt 'Thank you!' for stopping by my home renovation and design blog on my SITS featured day! I appreciate it!

Homestay Mama said...

What a cute photo of you! I remember when that style of glasses--I think I had a similar pair! And, I'm with you on the swimming thing. Love looking at the water, but not being in it!

"My Funny Dad, Harry" Book Giveaway

Congratulations to all the winners of the giveaway for "My Funny Dad, Harry" at Red Pine Mountain. I am so happy that four of my regular commenters won! Read what Tim thought of it at Everyday Living.