Sunday, September 6, 2009

Here's A Chance To Help Support Our Troops


Over at Red Pine Mountain, Sara is again promoting a care package for the troops. I was honored she requested some autographed copies of my book, "My Funny Dad, Harry" to include in it. You can leave a comment to support our troops on her "It's That Time Again--Let's Support Our Troops" post. Please go and check out this post, leaving a comment encouraging our troops. For every comment received, she'll add an item to the box which will go to Jess, a blogger who is being deployed to Djibouti.

My dad didn't get accepted into the service because of flat feet and Diabetes but always put his flag up on the holidays and was proud to be an American and grateful to those who did serve.

5 comments:

The Silver Age Sara said...

Karen,

Thanks so much for putting up this post. And a big thank you for participating with autographed copies of your book. I just want the troops to know we care about them and their sacrifices especially during the holidays. Thanks again.

Tina said...

What a great way to help out by promoting this cause and also donating. Wonderful!


Stopping by from SITS to say hello.

Has breast cancer impacted your life? Help me in my Blogging for Boobs Breast Bash next month. Send me an email if you would like more info.

sweetjeanette said...

Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest!
Wow - how great of you and your giving heart!

sweetjeanette.blogspot.com

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Hi there! Just wanted to say thank you for stopping by my blog today. :)

Charlotte said...

A blog about your dad how sweet!!!

"My Funny Dad, Harry" Book Giveaway

Congratulations to all the winners of the giveaway for "My Funny Dad, Harry" at Red Pine Mountain. I am so happy that four of my regular commenters won! Read what Tim thought of it at Everyday Living.