Sunday, June 14, 2009

Comment Showcase

Since I know I don't usually check comments on posts unless I leave one, I thought it might be nice to pick out some special comments I got during the week and showcase them. I may choose ones that make me laugh, that give interesting information, or that made me feel good.

Judy (Sew and So) and Mountain Woman (Red Pine Mountain) commented on Book Review Of My Funny Dad Harry by Lucky Lady. Both these comments made my day:

Judy said: Oh! I WANT this book! Where can I get it???

Also...I love the header on your blog. If ANYONE and I mean ANYONE messes with my desk, they catch the dickens from me. I know exactly where everything is and know the minute it's moved! LOL

Mountain Woman said: All I can say is if you haven't read the book, you are missing out and you are missing out on giving a fantastic gift idea as well. There's so many people who would love to have a copy of this book.


All the comments on To Sell Or Not To Sell were very supportive but I especially liked this one because she asked about the cats:

Day Photo said: We have had, and still do rental property. Rentals are HARD very hard. People really do not respect rental property and it is hard to get them to leave even after they haven't paid rent FOR A YEAR. So selling is wise, unless you are like my husband and can fix things. (And have me for a wife who can be firm and strong when the rent isn't paid).

But I am curious what happened to all the cats?

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com


These are the top comments that made me feel good on Father's Day Contest--Who Knows Harry Best

Mountain Woman said...
Karen, I would feel terrible about entering because I have the book. Not only do I have the book but I gave it as gifts to my Mother and my Aunt as well for Christmas. Both of them who are in their 80s adored the book and then shared it with their friends who also loved it.

This book, however, is for anyone of any age. It's just a special tribute to a wonderful man. You'll laugh, you'll cry and above all, you'll see how much you loved your Dad.

Mrs. 4444 said:
I'm sorry; but as a newcomer here, it would take a lot of time (that I can't afford these days) to find more answers than Lucky Lady! :) I think she deserves it for her efforts :) I'm curious; did your dad know you were going to write the book?

LUCKYLADY said:
I wish I knew all the answers because I would love to win your book your dad sounds like the greatest,my dad left when I was 3 months old and my mom the southern baptist she was never remarried so if I could have a dad like harry I would have been very happy, you were very luck


I appreciate everyone who visits my blog and enjoy reading all the comments. I believe the comments on a blog makes it even more interesting and so I thought by highlighting some like this, it may encourage others to comment as well and give a little recognition to those to take the extra time to leave a comment. I'll plan to do a weekly post on here for at least the month of June and see how it goes. What do you think of it? The last thing I want to do is hurt someone's feelings.

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Homestay Mama said...

I think comments are a very important part of blogging. I love reading them--it's as good as getting a handwritten letter in the mail.

"My Funny Dad, Harry" Book Giveaway

Congratulations to all the winners of the giveaway for "My Funny Dad, Harry" at Red Pine Mountain. I am so happy that four of my regular commenters won! Read what Tim thought of it at Everyday Living.