Saturday, June 21, 2008

Cat Sanctuary Where Cats Rule!


About 200 cats live here, waiting for adoption or just to live out their lives in peace.


To the right is a picture of the room for the feline HIV cats to live out their life with dignity if no one adopts them. They are nice cats and are adoptable if they would be the only cat in the house but would need to be kept in the house.

When my dad died, he had 3 pretty old cats still living upstairs: Sweet Thing, Sylvester and Softie. All were nice, but Sweet Thing nor Sylvester were neutered and both had tested positive for feline aids which meant no shelter would take them because it put other cats at risk. Softie was very small and had parasites. I felt I let my dad down because he trusted me to take care of his cats when he died. I did for three months but I had to get them out of the house so I could sell it.



I wish I had known about Caroline's Kids Pet Rescue sanctuary back then, although, I don't think it existed then. It is literally a cat house. It has a no-kill policy and takes in feral cats and the ones with HIV and feline leukemia to live out their days in a nice environment. It also takes older cats and has many adoptable ones. Here is the link to their web site. www.carolines-kids.org It is located at 7394 Morley Road, Painesville, Ohio 44077.


By sending a monthly check I feel I am at least helping to save lives of other cats who were in a similar situation as my dad's poor cats. At least it makes me feel good to know I'm helping this very special organization. Today I got to actually see it first-hand. Send donations to: Caroline's Kids Pet Rescue, P.O. Box 24068, Mayfield Heights, OH 44124.

No comments:

"My Funny Dad, Harry" Book Giveaway

Congratulations to all the winners of the giveaway for "My Funny Dad, Harry" at Red Pine Mountain. I am so happy that four of my regular commenters won! Read what Tim thought of it at Everyday Living.