Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Favorite Cat Joke in Honor of All Dad's Cats & My Moe


A cat died and went to Heaven. God met her at the gates and said, 'You have been a good cat all these years. Anything you want is yours for the asking.'

The cat thought for a minute and then said, 'All my life I lived on a farm and slept on hard wooden floors. I would like a real fluffy pillow to sleep on.'

God said, 'Say no more.' Instantly the cat had a huge fluffy pillow.

A few days later, six mice were killed in an accident and they all went to Heaven together. God met the mice at the gates with the same offer that He made to the cat.

The mice said, 'Well, we have had to run all of our lives: from cats, dogs, and even people with brooms! If we could just have some little roller skates, we would not have to run again.'
God answered, 'It is done.' All the mice had beautiful little roller skates.

About a week later, God decided to check on the cat. He found her sound asleep on her fluffy pillow. God gently awakened the cat and asked, 'Is everything okay? How have you been doing? Are you happy?'

The cat replied, 'Oh, it is WONDERFUL. I have never been so happy in my life. The pillow is so fluffy, and those little Meals on Wheels you have been sending over are delicious!'

14 comments:

The Silver Age Sara said...

That was hilarious!

Anonymous said...

I catch those little meals on wheels with fly papers ;o)

Anyway, I came here to say I just woke up with a dream. I dreamt that I have just received the book. It's in a plastic package like the ones of FedEx and it came with a pair of rubber shoes! The rubber shoes (I forgot the brand) were not in a box so they are together with the book in the plastic. I was very excited and wanted to try the shoes on if they fit, but I was holding the book with both hands so I said to myself, 'I'll check out this book first before the shoes'. As I was unwrapping the book in my hands (it's sealed in plastic), I was also thinking, 'Did the prize really come with a pair of rubber shoes? It's so sweet of Karen'.

The dream seemed so real that the moment I woke up and opened my eyes and realized that I was only dreaming, I just lay there and stared at the ceiling for a long time. Then I decided to get up and come over here.

Now I'm wondering . . . . . Do the rubber shoes mean that the book is running its way here? Haha!

I'll let you know as soon as I get the book, Karen. I believe the delay is because of the holidays. Happy New Year to you and Gerard, and the cats! ;o)

Cactus Jack Splash said...

What a good joke.

Anonymous said...

That is so funny!

Karen, I received your book from Mountain Woman and I am enjoying it so much. I haven't had time to finish it with all the farm things going on, but it so nice and thoughtful.
If you don't mind, I would like to post about it one day next week with a link where someone could order it.
Could you tell me what link to put up?
Thanks,
Pam

Anonymous said...

Glad you liked my joke.

Abelle:
Funny dream you had, but no, didn't include any rubber shoes. I did include a bookmark though. I thought for sure you would have received it by now, it's been over 10 business days since I mailed it. Happy New Year to you too! I sure hope you get it sometime next week.

Pam:
I'm so happy to hear you are enjoying my book and I'd be grateful to you for posting about it with a link to www.outskirtspress.com/myfunnydadharry or just to www.amazon.com or www.bn.com.

Heidi said...

Cute joke! (Poor little mice!) ;) Thanks for posting it!

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to more great posts in '09! Best wishes for a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year!

Sandee said...

Bwahahahahahaha. That's a good one alright. Bwahahahahahaha. I ♥ kitties. Mice...not so much.

Have a terrific day. :)

Anonymous said...

Hilarious, Karen! I love it!

The Florida Furkids said...

HEHEHE!! Good one!!

Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

Ailurophile said...

Ha Ha great joke! Kitties always have their way..heavens or earth!

Anonymous said...

I've heard that one before, but it's still funny!

Anonymous said...

i love it!!! ha ha ha!

Anonymous said...

Hello All

After lurking around karenzemek.blogspot.com for I while and enjoying the site from the background I have decide to join up!..There seems to be some really good member in here and I like much very..

Please forgave me if I get on your nerves by my speaking but English is not me first Language[url=http://worlddiscoveryse.info/forum].[/url][url=http://misterfeedbig.info/].[/url][url=http://plceleberitygossip.info/forum].[/url]

"My Funny Dad, Harry" Book Giveaway

Congratulations to all the winners of the giveaway for "My Funny Dad, Harry" at Red Pine Mountain. I am so happy that four of my regular commenters won! Read what Tim thought of it at Everyday Living.