Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Morning Stomp


My husband thinks it’s so funny that I crush our boxes first before throwing them in the garbage.  I think I just picked this up from my dad.  He was a box designer so part of his job was to design the smallest box possible that the product could fit into.  I assume packaging just came naturally to him after doing it for so many years and I just picked up on it.  When I eat, I always consolidate my garbage as well.  My husband thinks it’s funny that I stomp on the cereal boxes to flatten them before throwing them away and thought you might like to see my “morning stomp” so here it is. 
                                  
Do you see anything funny about that?  I don’t.  Do you consolidate your garbage? 

I am donating 50 cents per comment this month to Samaritan's Purse to help with the relief effort there. To find out more about my book and why I wrote it, read the Foreword here Available as e-book (http://outskirtspress.com/myfunnydadharry/).

4 comments:

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

My human does not stomp her boxes, but she dismantles them (pulls apart all the glued parts) to flatten them out before putting them in recycling. So it's sort of the OCD version of stomping!

Mike Golch said...

we always compact oyr boxes. if not buy stomping on them,by opening both ends and folding thim up into a smaller size.

Lucky Lady said...

I always flatten my boxes, i pull them apart, my brother cuts his in small pieces

Lin said...

We do that with our milk jugs. You are a pretty mellow stomper though, Karen. :)

"My Funny Dad, Harry" Book Giveaway

Congratulations to all the winners of the giveaway for "My Funny Dad, Harry" at Red Pine Mountain. I am so happy that four of my regular commenters won! Read what Tim thought of it at Everyday Living.