Tuesday, February 8, 2011

An Email That Made My Day!

I was so happy to receive this email from a blogger letting me know she gave My Funny Dad, Harry to her father for Christmas and he LOVED it! 

Bottom of Form
Monday, February 7, 2011 12:14 AM
 
Hi Karen, I didn't read it but gave it to my Dad for Christmas. He LOVED it! I can't tell you how much. He still talks about it : )
My Mom read it also and enjoyed it as well! I meant to send you an email! Thanks for checking in. 2 thumbs up from my family! : )
 
This makes me feel so good to hear things like this and makes me want to market my book more.  I am not a person who is outgoing and pushes things on people so marketing my book is low on my list and not something I generally do much of.  I would like to say though, I think many elderly people could relate with my dad’s fight to stay independent and he’s a very lovable character!  Others who are taking care of elderly parents would relate to me and my frustrations in trying to help my dad as well as my grieving process after his death when God helped me through.

I often hear that once someone reads “My Funny Dad, Harry,” they pass it along to someone else to read.  I purposely wrote it as a quick, easy read so that anyone could enjoy it, even kids who might like reading about his cats.  You may want to keep this in mind for a possible gift for Father's Day or just a surprise gift for your father or caregiver.

What makes your day?  


To find out more about my book and why I wrote it, read the Foreword here. Tweet This
Tweet Me from My Funny Dad, Harry

No comments:

"My Funny Dad, Harry" Book Giveaway

Congratulations to all the winners of the giveaway for "My Funny Dad, Harry" at Red Pine Mountain. I am so happy that four of my regular commenters won! Read what Tim thought of it at Everyday Living.