Monday, June 1, 2009

Here Are The Answers To The Contest--Congratulations To Lucky Lady & Beaded Tail!

Here are Harry's favorite things:

  • Zoo animal? Elephant

  • Food? ice cream or applesauce

  • TV show? Matlock or Perry Mason

  • Pastime? Woodworking

  • Cat? Blackie

  • Magazine? Consumer Reports or Fine Woodworking (He saved all of these and indexed them too!)

  • Book? Any "How To" book about anything he was interested in learning

  • Drink? Milk

  • Car? Olds Silhouette Van

  • Store? Any hardware store


Lucky Lady and Beaded Tail got 8 out of 10 answers correct and won an autographed copy of "My Funny Dad, Harry." I was very impressed with their persistence and am very happy that they won. Below is an email I received from Lucky Lady that really made me feel good:

HI KAREN
I GOT THE BOOK YESTERDAY AND FINISHED READING IT YESTERDAY. I HAVE NOT READ A BOOK FOR YEARS BECAUSE I HAVE VERY BAD EYE SIGHT. I CAN NOT EVEN TELL YOU WHY I GOT INTERESTED IN MY FUNNY DAD HARRY BUT FROM THE MOMENT I CAME ACROSS YOUR BLOG I WAS SO INTO IT. A FEW ALIKE THINGS I WAS BORN FEB.15,1947. HARRY PASSED AWAY ON FEB. 16 AND WAS MARRIED IN 1947, MY FIRST DOG WAS BROWNIE. NO ONE CAN FIGURE OUT MY FILING SYSTEM BUT ASK ME AND I CAN FIND WHAT YOU WANT IN A FEW MINUTES. I TRULY ENJOYED THE BOOK. HARRY WAS A SPECIAL PERSON AND SO ARE YOU, YOU WATCHED OVER HIM SO WELL. I STILL NEED TO KNOW WHAT HIS FAVORITE ZOO ANIMAL WAS AND HIS FAVORITE BOOK I COULD NOT EVEN GUESS AFTER READING THE BOOK AFTER JUNE 1 I WILL SAY SOMETHING ABOUT THE BOOK ON MY BLOG. THANKS AGAIN

She also posted a review of the book on her blog at http://countrypictures.blogspot.com. Very nice of you, thanks!

1 comment:

oner said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

"My Funny Dad, Harry" Book Giveaway

Congratulations to all the winners of the giveaway for "My Funny Dad, Harry" at Red Pine Mountain. I am so happy that four of my regular commenters won! Read what Tim thought of it at Everyday Living.