Sunday, August 30, 2015

Funny Start To My Wedding Day--18 Years Ago!

We were getting my dress loaded into the car to go to church on my wedding.  I was going to get dressed at the church.  Simple, right?

Well, we got everything packed up and then

dad couldn't find his keys to the car!  Can you figure out what happened to them from these pictures?
If you guessed he had them in his other jacket, you are right.  Fortunately, it did not take him long to find them, but it was kind of funny.

He did not wear a tux to my wedding but his suit.  He looked very nice and I was fine with that.   We are not a family who likes dressing up.  For a long time the joke was that I would probably get married in jeans.  But no, I surprised people and actually found a dress I really liked.  It was perfect for me.  Very traditional and classic, just my style.

Even my dad is smiling before walking me down the aisle! 
After the ceremony, we went to take pictures at Stan Hewitt Gardens in Akron, Ohio.  Then I finally lost the veil and put on my Indians cap.  Gerard had a Patriots hat.  What a pair we are!  We believe we were meant for each other.  Today is our 18th wedding anniversary--time flies.


2 comments:

Sandee said...

What a lovely day indeed. I'm glad your dad found the car keys. Yikes.

Have a wonderful 18th wedding anniversary. ☺

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What fun memories! Happy Anniversary! Hugs, Diane

"My Funny Dad, Harry" Book Giveaway

Congratulations to all the winners of the giveaway for "My Funny Dad, Harry" at Red Pine Mountain. I am so happy that four of my regular commenters won! Read what Tim thought of it at Everyday Living.